REMOTE POSITION – SHORT-TERM CONTRACT (240 hours total – flexibility of 18-30 hours/week)
This position is for a 2SLGBTQ+ youth (Under 30) living in North-Western Ontario (Thunder Bay Area or further north).
Under direction and support from the Manager, Provincial Engagement, the Community Engagement Assistant will research, and build connections with 2SLGBTQ+ and/or youth-serving groups in North-Western Ontario. The ideal candidate is a 2SLGBTQ+ –youth living in North-Western Ontario (Thunder Bay or further north) with previous knowledge of or passion towards increasing connections to support 2SLGBTQ youth, especially Indigenous, Black, and racialized youth.
The Lesbian Gay Bi Trans YouthLine is a 2SLGBTQ+ youth-led organization that affirms and supports the experiences of youth (29 & under) across Ontario. We do this by:
- Providing anonymous peer support & referrals;
- Training youth to provide support to other youth; &
- Providing resources so youth can make informed decisions.
Compensation: $17.40/hour + 4% Vacation Pay; additional pro-rated paid sick time
Location: Remote, home-based position. Access to reliable internet and laptop is required (monthly stipend available).
Ideal Start Date: Week of October 5, 2020
- Research and contact various 2SLGBTQ+ youth-serving groups to raise awareness about YouthLine programs while adding new programs/services to our referral database
- Conduct outreach to promote YouthLine programs directly to youth
- Attend youth programs and events, on behalf of YouthLine, to promote our services
- Provide other program support, as required
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work both in a team environment as well as independently
- Excellent proficiency in Microsoft Office and all its applications
- Experience in research and information compilation and organization
- Strong working knowledge of anti-oppression.
- Applicant must be: 15-30 years old.
- Hours of Work: 18-30 hours week (flexible based on applicants schedule); 240 hours must be completed within 12 weeks.
- Location: Remote, home-based position. Access to reliable internet and laptop is required (monthly stipend available).
- Schedule: Flexibility in scheduling, with at least one day/week during office hours (ideally Tuesdays)
- The position is supervised by the Manager, Provincial Engagement
LGBT YouthLine only considers applicants that identify as part of the 2SLGBTQ+ community. This position is only open to applicants who are youth (29 and under) with lived experience in North-Western Ontario (Thunder Bay Area or further north). Grounded in principles of Anti-Racism and Anti-Oppression, we recognize and encourage applications from communities that are further marginalized in employment opportunities, including: Black, Indigenous and people of colour, Trans-feminine people, Disabled people, people with experiences of migration, and people who have experiences of poverty. Applicants are encouraged to self-identify in their application, which will be kept confidential.
Submit your resume along with answers to the following questions: What aspects of this role most interest you? What is your connection to 2SLGBTQ youth communities in North-Western Ontario? How would you outreach and network with 2SLGBTQ-service groups, and youth? Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please send applications by Thursday, October 1st at 11:59 pm to email@example.com with subject line: Application for CEA (North-Western Ontario)