Working closely with the Executive Director, the Communications and Fundraising Coordinator will build and strengthen relationships, with a focus on increasing our presence and visibility across Ontario, as well as expanding YouthLine’s resources towards fundraising and communications, with a focus on donors and third-party events.
The ideal candidate is a demonstrated self-starter with an ability to identify and pursue strategic opportunities, while centering YL’s Values. You thrive in fast-paced environments balancing between leveraging current initiatives while planning long-term activities. You can handle multiple priorities, are detail-oriented, and enjoy environments where every day is different. You are a big talent but seek more experience. You understand and are able to communicate issues and challenges facing 2SLGBTQ youth across Ontario. You have a personal and professional commitment to anti-oppression, anti-racism, and accessibility.
This is a full-time 1 year contract with possibility with renewal
- $42,000 – $48,000 per year (Commensurate with experience)
- 3 week vacation; Sick days and Health benefits (after completion of 3 month probation)
Location: We are open to hiring someone to work out of our office in central Toronto OR hiring someone to work remotely in Ottawa or Hamilton.
- Prioritize and manage all fundraising activities related to individual and group donations, and third parties
- Support activities related to corporate giving, foundation support, planned giving, and events.
- Lead the development and implementation of donor engagement strategies and practices
- Identify opportunities to enhance fundraising initiatives, with support from the Executive Director and Fundraising Committee
- Help build positive relationships through ongoing engagement with various stakeholders, including 2SLGBTQ youth, donors, community partners, alumni, media, and service providers across Ontario
- Support other staff, Board members and volunteers with communication and engagement, including outreach and promotion of YL programs, events, and information
- Work closely with the Executive Director to create press materials, including press releases and op-ed articles
- Coordinate and create content for YL’s social media, website and e-newsletters
- Coordinate and/or design content for agency materials
- Coordinate updates to YL’s website; work with external designers and developers to implement updates
- Support special events committees (Youth Awards, Craftathon), as needed
- Monitor and keep up-to-date with trends and best practices that will benefit YL’s presence with different stakeholders
- Analyze and report on results, and recommend changes to our communication and fundraising strategies, including donor engagement and giving
- Assist the Executive Director with other special projects, as necessary
- Combination of education and work/volunteer experience in communications, marketing, fundraising, or related field
- Excellent writing, analytic, and verbal/presentation skills with the ability to summarize information and connect with a variety of audiences (2SLGBTQ youth, educators, service providers, donors, corporations, media, volunteers)
- Experience developing and coordinating content for different social media platforms utilizing content management calendars
- Strong interpersonal, problem solving and planning skills
- Demonstrated ability to work both in a team environment, as well as independently
- Experience with cultivating and maintaining donor relationships
- Fluent or ability to adapt to using Office365, Slack, MailChimp, WordPress, Canva
- Familiarity with donor management systems (Little Green Light) an asset
- Experience updating and maintaining websites, including content management systems an asset
- Experience in graphic design, video editing, or HTML/CSS an asset
- Total hours per week: 37.5
- Flexible balance required in scheduling of work (based on deliverables required). Daily work is within normal office conditions but occasional evening and weekend work is required.
- The position is supervised by the Executive Director. Additionally, the position will work closely with the Fundraising Committee.
- If the selected candidate is in Ottawa/Hamilton, occasional travel to Toronto will be required.
Application for consideration
The LGBT Youth Line only considers applicants that identify as part of the 2SLGBTQ community. Grounded in principles of Anti-Racism and Anti-Oppression, we recognize and encourage applications from communities that are further marginalized in employment opportunities, including: Black people, Indigenous people, people of colour, Trans-feminine people, Disabled people, people with experiences of migration, and people who have experiences of poverty. We particularly welcome applicants from these communities who are youth (under the age of 29). Applicants are encouraged to self-identify in their cover letters, which will be kept confidential.
Submit your resume and cover letter focusing on demonstrated skills and examples of relevant experience, why the position appeals to you, what you can bring to the LGBT YouthLine. You are also welcome to submit a video in lieu of a cover letter, submitted as a link in the email. Please also clearly indicate whether you are applying to work in our Toronto office or remotely in Ottawa or Hamilton.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please send applications by July 28th, 2019 to email@example.com with subject line: Application for Communications and Fundraising