Peer Support volunteer and Board of Directors applications now open!
Posted on June 15, 2018
« View all news
PEER SUPPORT VOLUNTEERS
Applications to be a peer support volunteer are open until August 31st at noon. If you have any questions, please e-mail email@example.com.
Peer Support Volunteers are the folks on the other end of the line. They take calls, chats, and texts from Ontario’s 2SLGBTQ youth. They do this Sunday-Friday, 4:00-9:30 PM.
- Being part of one of the largest 2SLGBTQ youth organizations in the province
- Experiencing a fun and challenging 12 week training that focuses on anti-racism and anti-oppression frameworks
- Hanging out in a community of other 2SLGBTQ youth
- Receiving food and TTC tokens
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Join Our Board of Directors
LGBT Youth Line is looking for youth (18-29 years old) and non-youth candidates to join our Board of Directors. There are currently two positions available to be filled.
Our Board works with the Executive Director, staff, and volunteers to fulfill our mission to serve 2SLGBTQ youth. As a Board Member, you can expect to participate in a wide range of activities, such as:
- Attending and participating in monthly board meetings;
- Policy writing, research, policy review;
- Representing the organization at public events, including Pride and LGBT Youth Line’s two major events: the Youth Awards and Craftathon fundraiser;
- Actively participating in fundraising initiatives;
- Chairing and sitting on various committees;
- Attending and participating in committee meetings;
- Attending and participating in LGBT Youth Line’s Annual General Meeting; and,
- Planning for the future of the organization.
Board Members are required to serve a minimum of one 2-year term, with a monthly commitment of at least 15 to 20 hours.
Click here to learn more about joining our Board of Directors