Youth Line is excited to announce the start of our Provincial Youth Ambassador Project! Starting in February 2019 PYAP will foster leadership and engagement for 15 2SLGBTQ youth to increase visibility and awareness of 2SLGBTQ needs and challenges across Ontario.
The project’s goals are to engage 15 2SLGBTQ youth, within Ontario, to:
- lead a needs assessment (surveys, focus groups) to better understand the needs and challenges within their communities
- develop resources that address a locally-identified need, with longer-term impact, within their region
- network with service providers and educators to raise awareness about 2SLGBTQ youth issues and resources in their region
- increase awareness of 2SLGBTQ resources for youth, through outreach at Pride and other youth events
- document learnings and best practices learnt through the process, to share publicly
- host community launches in their regions
More details about this exciting project are coming soon! Stay tuned 😀
This project is funded by Canada Service Corps.